php.net |  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #9919 problem with umlauts, the modifier "i" and \b
Submitted: 2001-03-22 08:05 UTC Modified: 2001-10-20 23:45 UTC
From: CK1 at wwwtech dot de Assigned:
Status: Closed Package: PCRE related
PHP Version: 4.0 Latest CVS (22/03/2001) OS: SuSE Linux 6.4, Kernel 2.2.14
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
 [2001-03-22 08:05 UTC] CK1 at wwwtech dot de
Hi,

I think there's a problem with the modifier "i" in php4.0.4 up to the latest CVS, try the following code snip:

$x = "TEST ?BER TEST";
if(preg_match("!\b?BER\b!",$x))
 echo "matched";
else
 echo "unmatched";

It returns false (== unmatched) even if I change "!\b?BER\b!i" to "!\b?ber\b!i" , but in fact it has to return true (== matched).

I tested this bug down to 4.0.4.
When I tested 4.0.3, the string matched.

My os is SuSE Linux 6.4 with Kernel 2.2.14, my configure-string is
./configure \
  --disable-debug \
  --with-mysql \
  --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs \
  --enable-force-cgi-redirect \
  --enable-discard-path \
  --with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd \
  --enable-ftp \
  --with-gd=/usr/local \
  --with-ttf \
  --with-pdflib=/usr/local \
  --with-zlib=/usr/local \
  --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local \
  --with-png-dir=/usr/local \
  --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local \
  --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local \
  --with-png-dir=/usr/local \
  --with-tiff-dir=/usr/local \
  --enable-track-vars \
  --enable-trans-sid

mfg
 CK


Patches

Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request

History

AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [2001-10-20 23:45 UTC] sniper@php.net
Can not reproduce with PHP 4.1.0RC1

--Jani

 
PHP Copyright © 2001-2019 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Tue Nov 19 21:01:35 2019 UTC