php.net |  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #909 Apache fails to load libphp3.so
Submitted: 1998-11-09 16:38 UTC Modified: 1999-02-07 13:12 UTC
From: Andy dot Doyle at thomson dot com Assigned:
Status: Closed Package: Dynamic loading
PHP Version: 3.0.5 OS: Linux 2.0.34 (Redhat 5.1) on Int
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
 [1998-11-09 16:38 UTC] Andy dot Doyle at thomson dot com
I tried to build the php3 module using the DSO support in apache (version 1.3.3), but I was unable to run the server with the dynamically loaded module. The server reported a unresolved dependency in the php shared object.

Testing the configuration gives the following:
> apachectl configtest 
load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp3.so into server: /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp3.so: undefined symbol: get_field_val

When I run ldd on libphp3 I don't get any unresolved dependencies.
I configured php with --with-shared-apache=... and it worked fine. I eventually got apache to build using the --activate-module=.. and --enable-shared=php3 options, and I could start the server ok *without* the AddModule line for libphp3.so. With the AddModule line for php3 included the server would not restart (see above). I rebuilt apache using a static configuration for php and it appears to work ok.
 

Patches

Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request

History

AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [1999-02-07 13:12 UTC] rasmus
This should be all cleaned up now.  The current CVS (or wait for 3.0.7) combined with some fixes in 
Apache-1.3.4 makes DSO compiles using apxs work nicely.
 
PHP Copyright © 2001-2020 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Sat Jul 11 18:01:24 2020 UTC