php.net |  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #56763 UTF-8 content not displayed
Submitted: 2006-01-02 09:19 UTC Modified: 2013-02-18 00:35 UTC
From: klaus_hubert at yahoo dot com Assigned: pajoye (profile)
Status: No Feedback Package: clucene (PECL)
PHP Version: 5.1.1 OS: RHEL3, SuSe 10, ubuntu 5.10
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
Have you experienced this issue?
Rate the importance of this bug to you:

 [2006-01-02 09:19 UTC] klaus_hubert at yahoo dot com
Description:
------------
I tested the clucene extension for php on several computers and found that UTF8 characters are never displayed correctly.

The lucene index (created with the java version 1.4.3) contains UTF8 characters but those are never shown in clucene.php results. Instead of the UTF8 character a questionmark (?) is shown.

Might be an c++ header issue, I'm not sure.

Any help is appreciated.


Patches

Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request

History

AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [2006-01-02 11:24 UTC] klaus_hubert at yahoo dot com
I changed CLConfig.h to allow UTF8 characters...
 [2006-10-09 11:15 UTC] freest at 163 dot com
Me too!may be the content need "SET NAMES 'utf-8'"
 [2006-12-17 19:32 UTC] pierre dot php at gmail dot com
Taking the hand of this extension.

Klaus, if you have a patch to fix this exact issue I can commit it shortly.
 [2013-02-18 00:35 UTC] pecl-dev at lists dot php dot net
No feedback was provided. The bug is being suspended because
we assume that you are no longer experiencing the problem.
If this is not the case and you are able to provide the
information that was requested earlier, please do so and
change the status of the bug back to "Open". Thank you.
 
PHP Copyright © 2001-2020 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Mon Jan 27 19:01:24 2020 UTC