php.net |  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #26825 $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] not being set on IIS6
Submitted: 2004-01-07 03:13 UTC Modified: 2004-01-07 21:16 UTC
From: konkew at rpi dot edu Assigned:
Status: Not a bug Package: Variables related
PHP Version: 4.3.4 OS: Windows Server 2003
Private report: No CVE-ID:
 [2004-01-07 03:13 UTC] konkew at rpi dot edu
Description:
------------
On Windows Server 2003 (running IIS6), $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] isn't being set.  

Reproduce code:
---------------
echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

Expected result:
----------------
/dir/test.php?asdf=fds

Actual result:
--------------
null

Patches

Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request

History

AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [2004-01-07 21:16 UTC] sniper@php.net
Sorry, but your problem does not imply a bug in PHP itself.  For a
list of more appropriate places to ask for help using PHP, please
visit http://www.php.net/support.php as this bug system is not the
appropriate forum for asking support questions. 

Thank you for your interest in PHP.


 [2004-02-04 06:22 UTC] tcflee at netvigator dot com
Is $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] being removed on purpose? I have that in PHP4.1.1 but not PHP4.3.4.
 [2004-03-19 00:18 UTC] IsaacSchlueter at hotmail dot com
I ran into this problem in IIS 5.0 running on XP, with PHP versions 4.3.4 and 4.3.3, installed with either the installer or by extracting the zip.

The odd thing, I didn't have this problem before.  All $_SERVER vars were working fine.  But, like an idiot, I installed Apache, then uninstalled it when I realized that it would make some other things break.  Now, there's no $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'].  Strange, huh?

I tried removing and re-installing IIS, but no effect.  Checked through the whole php.ini file, and played around with settings.  Nothing seemed to make it come back.

I searched google for info on this, and from what I found, there are a few other cases of this happening, and in many, it seems that the common element is installing Apache and then removing it and installing IIS.  I did this on another computer just to be sure that that's the reason, and sure enough, same thing happens.

Steps to reproduce:
Install IIS.
Install PHP.
Install Apache.
Remove Apache.
Several $_SERVER vars are suddenly gone.

This might be a bug in Apache and/or IIS rather than PHP, but I'm completely stumped either way.  It seems that I've completely cleaned the system and restarted, but the problem didn't go away.  I have no idea what could have been changed that I'm missing.

My only thought at this point is to back up the data, format the drive, and start over from scratch.  But I'd really love to avoid that.  If someone can repro this and then fix it, I'll pay you for the solution.  But beware, you might just get yourself stuck in the same position I am!
 
PHP Copyright © 2001-2014 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Sat Apr 19 01:01:59 2014 UTC