php.net |  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #15418 bzdecompress returning negative numbers instead of strings
Submitted: 2002-02-06 21:56 UTC Modified: 2002-02-07 06:36 UTC
Votes:1
Avg. Score:4.0 ± 0.0
Reproduced:1 of 1 (100.0%)
Same Version:0 (0.0%)
Same OS:0 (0.0%)
From: epicanis+php at dogphilosophy dot net Assigned:
Status: Closed Package: Bzip2 Related
PHP Version: 4.1.1 OS: Linux (2.4.17 ix86)
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
 [2002-02-06 21:56 UTC] epicanis+php at dogphilosophy dot net
This APPEARS that it may be a re-surgence of bug#12233, 
which was marked closed several months ago...

I am getting bzcompressed strings into a script, which is 
then supposed to bzdecompress them and save the 
bzdecompressed strings to a file.  What's coming out is 
the same sort of thing described in bug#12233 - instead of 
the strings I'm getting "-7-5-5-5-5"(etc.)

I also tried grabbing the current CVS.  I couldn't get 
./buildconf to work right, but I did try copying the 
current files out of CVS's ext/bz2 directory over the top 
of 4.1.1's released files and recompiling 4.1.1 that way, 
but still no fix...

Example (in the following example, '$fhandle' is an 
fopen'ed URL which is a script that opens a file and sends
it as bzcompressed strings.  THIS script has been tested, 
and works fine - I can use wget to fetch the same data and 
successfully bunzip2 it from the console.  $savehandle is 
the local file that's been fopen'ed to save the 
bzdecompressed data to [and which is getting the 
"-7-5-5-5-5" in it...])

while(!feof($fhandle))
{
$data=fread($fhandle,8192);
$outdata=bzdecompress($data);
fwrite($savehandle,$outdata);
}

Patches

Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request

History

AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [2002-02-07 06:36 UTC] sander@php.net
This is probably fixed in CVS. Reopen if it's not.
 [2002-05-17 19:44 UTC] x86zman at bigfoot dot com
This bug is _STILL_ alive & exist also on Win32 ,
as i'm getting the same Result (neg. numbers instead of bzip2 compressed output) on Win2K.Srvr (SP2+SRP1) with PHP 4.2.1 (and before with 4.2 & 4.1.1 & 4.1.0) ... now it's reached the "report time" .,

this should be a tiny glitch somewhere in this extension ,
please fix it !
 
PHP Copyright © 2001-2020 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Fri Apr 10 19:01:24 2020 UTC