php.net |  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #11811 Cannot use ImageCopyResampled(), wrong GD version Reported
Submitted: 2001-06-30 15:12 UTC Modified: 2001-06-30 16:20 UTC
From: matt at willetts dot com Assigned:
Status: Closed Package: GD related
PHP Version: 4.0.6 OS: Cobalt Linux 5.0 (Kernel 2.2.14C
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
 [2001-06-30 15:12 UTC] matt at willetts dot com
I previously ran GD 1.8.3 with PHP 4.0.5, then upgraded to GD 2.0.1 and PHP 4.0.6 to take advantage of ImageCopyResampled().  

However, configure is not setting #define HAVE_LIBGD20 no matter what I do.  I have even removed all reminants of GD 1.8.4, but still to no avail. 

Here's all the relevant information I can provide from phpinfo():

[Configure Command]
'./configure' '--with-xml' '--with-pgsql=/home/pgsql' '--with-jpeg' '--with-jpeg-dir=/home/matt/Packages/jpeg-6b' '--with-t1lib' '--with-gd=/home/matt/Packages/gd-2.0.1' '--with-imap' '--with-pspell' '--with-swf' '--with-zlib' '--enable-ftp' '--with-pdflib=/usr/local/lib' '--with-apxs' '--with-gdbm' '--with-mysql' '--enable-filepro' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--with-mcal=/usr/local/mcal' 

[gd]
GD Support: enabled 
GD Version: 1.6.2 or higher 
T1Lib Support: enabled 
JPG Support: enabled 
WBMP Support: enabled 

Patches

Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request

History

AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [2001-06-30 15:19 UTC] rasmus@php.net
Did you remove the config.cache file?
 [2001-06-30 15:23 UTC] derick@php.net
Can you email me the config.log file? And are you absolutely sure all old gd header files are removed?

Derick
 [2001-06-30 16:14 UTC] matt at willetts dot com
Upon examining the config.log file, I discovered that configure was ignoring the /home/matt/Packages/gd-2.0.1/libgd.so file, and instead attempting to link with /lib/libgd.a.

Checking the Makefile for gd-2.0.1, I found that it does not (by default) produce a libgd.a.  

By running 'make libgd.a' for gd-2.0.1, then deleting PHP-4.0.6's config.cache, then running a make clean;make all, I was able to fix the problem.

Thanks for the quick response.  I apologise for not looking further into this issue myself.
 [2001-06-30 16:20 UTC] derick@php.net
User fixed it himself. Seemed some gd strangeness.
 
PHP Copyright © 2001-2021 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Mon Sep 27 14:03:37 2021 UTC