php.net |  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #61280 XMLRPC Failure
Submitted: 2012-03-05 01:04 UTC Modified: 2013-02-18 00:35 UTC
From: thephpguru at hotmail dot com Assigned:
Status: No Feedback Package: XMLRPC-EPI related
PHP Version: 5.3.10 OS: Fedora 13
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
View Add Comment Developer Edit
Anyone can comment on a bug. Have a simpler test case? Does it work for you on a different platform? Let us know!
Just going to say 'Me too!'? Don't clutter the database with that please — but make sure to vote on the bug!
Your email address:
MUST BE VALID
Solve the problem:
49 + 37 = ?
Subscribe to this entry?

 
 [2012-03-05 01:04 UTC] thephpguru at hotmail dot com
Description:
------------
Approximately 3 years ago I wrote several PHP programs that allow users to connect to the United States Postal Service Server to do things such as validate addresses, obtain shipping rates, track packages, etc. The site in question is:

http://freshsoftware.dyndns.info/scripts_for_sale/usps/

As of PHP 5.2.3 the scripts worked fine. After upgrading my Fedora System to version 13 I had to upgrade to PHP-5.2.17. Under PHP 5.2.17 I was able to get some of the scripts to work but data is still not being collected by the XMLPRC functions and/or contained in an array properly. For example some data is being chopped and/or left off completely. For example follow the form at the link bellow and you will see that data is not being cut off.

http://freshsoftware.dyndns.info/scripts_for_sale/usps/carrier_pickup_1.php?item_num=USPS-1565986&t=computer_software&software_title=php_usps_xml_carrier_pickup/

For example the listing for Mail Service should say “PriorityMail” but it only says “riorityMail”

The Pickup Confirmation is also not being displayed at all. But I was able to echo the confirmation number out in from a function on line 221.


The source code for this file is:

http://freshsoftware.dyndns.info/scripts_for_sale/usps/usps_xml_carrier_pickup_live.phps


In short my complaint is that the XMLRPC and/or ARRAY functions are not working prop. Please help I have tried every thing. My PHPINFO can be found at:

http://freshsoftware.dyndns.info/php/

Please not that when PHP-5.3.10 is installed no data is returned. I get nothing.


Test script:
---------------
http://freshsoftware.dyndns.info/~freshsoftware/scripts_for_sale/usps/usps_xml_carrier_pickup_live.php?service_type%5B1%5D=PriorityMail&count%5B1%5D=1£s=14&package_location=Front+Door&special_instructions=This+is+a+test+of+the+USPS+Web+Tools+system+do+not+attempt+to+pickup.&submit=Schedual+a+Pickup&item_num=USPS-1565986&t=computer_software&firm_name=Test+Company&first_name=JOHN&last_name=DOE&suite_apt=Suite+111&address2=8+Wildwood+Drive&city=CT&zip5=06371&zip4=&phone=%28123%29+123-4567&phone_ext=123

Expected result:
----------------
An echo of all of the data from line 265 to 282


Patches

Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request

History

AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [2012-03-05 03:58 UTC] rasmus@php.net
-Status: Open +Status: Feedback
 [2012-03-05 03:58 UTC] rasmus@php.net
You are going to have to do a bit of debugging on your own here. Find the part of 
your code that is not behaving like you would expect. We do not have the resources 
to debug your code for you.
 [2013-02-18 00:35 UTC] php-bugs at lists dot php dot net
No feedback was provided. The bug is being suspended because
we assume that you are no longer experiencing the problem.
If this is not the case and you are able to provide the
information that was requested earlier, please do so and
change the status of the bug back to "Open". Thank you.
 
PHP Copyright © 2001-2019 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Wed Sep 18 11:01:30 2019 UTC