php.net |  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #59764 Just found out this version is making me huge problems
Submitted: 2011-05-11 18:25 UTC Modified: 2021-05-09 04:22 UTC
Votes:1
Avg. Score:4.0 ± 0.0
Reproduced:0 of 1 (0.0%)
From: avi at phpclub dot org Assigned: cmb (profile)
Status: No Feedback Package: uploadprogress (PECL)
PHP Version: 5.3.3 OS: Debian
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
View Add Comment Developer Edit
Welcome! If you don't have a Git account, you can't do anything here.
You can add a comment by following this link or if you reported this bug, you can edit this bug over here.
Block user comment
Status: Assign to:
Package:
Bug Type:
Summary:
From: avi at phpclub dot org
New email:
PHP Version: OS:

 

 [2011-05-11 18:25 UTC] avi at phpclub dot org
Description:
------------
I am using this package as a part of an ordering system for a customer.

The system job is to allow users to submit their orders with the company website, customers are known and are charged separately.

The system is an actual form with many values to fill in and choose how many files are you wish to upload, with each file is a list of values you need to specify (what needs to be done with the file).

I have been working with the latest stable version 1.0.1 for a long time now, many of the customers were able to upload their files with no problems.

But some always had troubles, no matter what I did, I could not figure out what is making the problem, tried different browsers with the same computer, different isps, everything i could think of.

Today I began testing from a customer computer if the problem occurs when not using upload progress at all (simple upload form), comparing that to the uploadprogress example form.

I found that regular upload form functions properly, while as the uploadprogress example form did not.

I then remembered that on a different server (same location, same ISP) I once had version 0.9.2 (latest at the time) a long time ago, and it worked with no problems.

I removed version 1.0.1 and reverted back to 0.9.2.

To my HUGE suprise, the upload is now functional and is not stuck at the customer end.

Tomorrow I will do some more tests on some more customers and see if their problem has resolved.

Needless to say the company owner is very upset at the system since some customers keep complaining all the time for a very long period, those customers either go somewhere else with their work, or just resort to regular email which voids the entire system purpose (make logic and order in orders).

I will write back again tomorrow with further results, but for the meantime, what could possibly be so different with these versions?

Reproduce code:
---------------
I have no idea, could never isolate the problem, occurs in different browsers, different isps, no joint factor anywhere.

Expected result:
----------------
Upload should complete successfully and form submitted.

Actual result:
--------------
Upload just hangs after submit at 0%, progress bar not moving, and viewing /tmp shows the file only uploaded about 20k and then hang, after ~30 seconds the file disappears (upload is actually aborted).

At some cases, upload even gets to 10-15% and then hangs (which is even more upsetting, the customer thinks everything is fine only to come back after an hour and see that nothing has been sent.)

Patches

Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request

History

AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [2017-10-24 09:01 UTC] kalle@php.net
-Status: Open +Status: Suspended
 [2017-10-24 09:01 UTC] kalle@php.net
This package has not had any releases for 6 years, so I'm gonna suspend it, any new maintainer that decides to pick this up can re-open this ticket.
 [2020-01-26 01:06 UTC] ramsey@php.net
-Status: Suspended +Status: Open -Assigned To: +Assigned To: ramsey
 [2021-04-30 16:26 UTC] cmb@php.net
-Status: Assigned +Status: Feedback -Assigned To: ramsey +Assigned To: cmb
 [2021-04-30 16:26 UTC] cmb@php.net
I don't think this ticket is actionable without further hints at
what actually might be wrong.  But anyhow, since this is about
1.0.1 but current version is 1.1.3, the question is whether you
still experience these issues with that version.
 [2021-05-09 04:22 UTC] pecl-dev at lists dot php dot net
No feedback was provided. The bug is being suspended because
we assume that you are no longer experiencing the problem.
If this is not the case and you are able to provide the
information that was requested earlier, please do so and
change the status of the bug back to "Re-Opened". Thank you.
 
PHP Copyright © 2001-2021 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Sun May 09 17:01:24 2021 UTC