|  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #5557 php.exe outputs to browser
Submitted: 2000-07-13 13:07 UTC Modified: 2000-07-18 06:44 UTC
From: jeremy dot brooks at bams dot com Assigned:
Status: Closed Package: Other
PHP Version: 4.0.1 OS: NT 4 WS
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
View Add Comment Developer Edit
Welcome! If you don't have a Git account, you can't do anything here.
You can add a comment by following this link or if you reported this bug, you can edit this bug over here.
Block user comment
Status: Assign to:
Bug Type:
From: jeremy dot brooks at bams dot com
New email:
PHP Version: OS:


 [2000-07-13 13:07 UTC] jeremy dot brooks at bams dot com
I was having trouble with PHP4.0.0 crashing (I later realized I was leaving persistent db connections open), so I upgraded to 4.0.1 after reading it was more stable in Win32 environments. I keep all of the php files in my cgi-bin. I removed all of the existing files (php.exe, php.ini, and a handful of dll's), and replaced them with the 4.0.1 files. I configured php.ini; the only changes I need to make for my system is to enable magic_quotes_sybase. After parsing any of my scripts, the only thing it would output to the browser was the ASCII contents of the file php.exe (like if you were to open php.exe in a text editor). I replaced the 4.0.1 files with the 4.0.0 files, and it worked fine again. I am running Apache 1.3.9 on Windows NT workstation sp6 and SQL Server 7.0. I didn't try php 4.0.1sp2 because this wasn't addressed in the change doc.


Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request


AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [2000-07-18 06:44 UTC] stas at cvs dot php dot net
Please use 4.0.1pl2
PHP Copyright © 2001-2024 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Sat May 25 21:01:29 2024 UTC