|  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #25673 Zlib output corrupted
Submitted: 2003-09-26 13:41 UTC Modified: 2003-09-30 14:08 UTC
Avg. Score:3.0 ± 0.0
Reproduced:1 of 1 (100.0%)
Same Version:0 (0.0%)
Same OS:0 (0.0%)
From: alfredo at renatec dot com dot br Assigned:
Status: Closed Package: Zlib related
PHP Version: 4.3.3 OS: Linux 2.4.20
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
View Add Comment Developer Edit
Welcome! If you don't have a Git account, you can't do anything here.
You can add a comment by following this link or if you reported this bug, you can edit this bug over here.
Block user comment
Status: Assign to:
Bug Type:
From: alfredo at renatec dot com dot br
New email:
PHP Version: OS:


 [2003-09-26 13:41 UTC] alfredo at renatec dot com dot br
I compile PHP 4.3.3 as module of Apache 2.0.47 with the following command:
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-mysql --with-zlib
If I set zlib.output_compression to "On", all my pages are unreadable (corrupted).
All other PHP configurations are default, except register_globals that was turned on too.

PHP Zlib related:
ZLib Support enabled 
'zlib:' fopen wrapper enabled 
Compiled Version 1.1.4 
Linked Version 1.1.4 


Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request


AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [2003-09-30 08:59 UTC]
Please show how the pages are 'corrupted'. This works just fine for me..

 [2003-09-30 09:26 UTC] alfredo at renatec dot com dot br
This is a strange think. The page appears to be compressed, but the browser appears to not try decompress. I tested in 3 different machines. On a network analyser a see this relevant headers when I try with a Mozilla Browser:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030827

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) PHP/4.3.3
X-Powered-by: PHP/4.3.3
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

On the browser the page comes totally unreadable with stange characters like binary data. I think that PHP is not sending the correct headers to browser, or Apache alter this headers, but Apache is with default configuration from his sources.
 [2003-09-30 09:27 UTC] alfredo at renatec dot com dot br
PS: Sorry my bad english and the words mistakes.
 [2003-09-30 10:39 UTC] alfredo at renatec dot com dot br
This snapshot worked fine with the php.ini from version 4.3.3
Thank You!
 [2003-09-30 14:08 UTC]
Propably related to bug #23488

PHP Copyright © 2001-2024 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Wed Apr 24 10:01:31 2024 UTC