php.net |  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #1405 Can't get Apache 1.3.6, PHP 3.0.7, and Oracle 8 to co-exist.
Submitted: 1999-05-12 14:04 UTC Modified: 1999-05-29 11:50 UTC
From: philip at eilio dot com Assigned:
Status: Closed Package: Oracle related
PHP Version: 3.0.7 OS: FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
View Add Comment Developer Edit
Welcome! If you don't have a Git account, you can't do anything here.
You can add a comment by following this link or if you reported this bug, you can edit this bug over here.
(description)
Block user comment
Status: Assign to:
Package:
Bug Type:
Summary:
From: philip at eilio dot com
New email:
PHP Version: OS:

 

 [1999-05-12 14:04 UTC] philip at eilio dot com
Hi -
	This is partially in response to bug id 799.  That person was having problems compiling PHP 3.0.4 and Oracle 8 on linux.  ssb suggested a new set of LIBS.

I am trying to compile Apache, PHP, and Oracle 8 (for linux) on FreeBSD 3.1.  I have gotten Oracle running.  The PHP "make" and "make install" work correctly.  Running configure in Apache fails with a lot of "undefined reference to" errrors.  I am using the LIBS mentioned in the above bug report.  If I used the "stock" ones, it failed because -lsqlnet couldn't be found.  Any ideas?

Also, I had to modify the PHP configure script to get the right Oracle stuff.  Some of the files it was looking for aren't in the directories that are being checked.  
	In particular the ocidfn.h file for Oracle 8.0.5 (linux) is in rdbms/demo, but not in rdbms/public.  However, the staging area did have an entire rdbms/public directory.  Copying that over solved that, but still it's strange.  Also, sysliblist is in lib not in rdbms/lib.  At least this is true for Oracle 8.0.5 (linux) installing on FreeBSD :)

I've included a diff of configure.

5828c5828
<     if test -f "$ORACLEINST_TOP/rdbms/lib/sysliblist"
---
>     if test -f "$ORACLEINST_TOP/lib/sysliblist"
5830c5830
<       ORA_SYSLIB="`cat $ORACLEINST_TOP/rdbms/lib/sysliblist`"
---
>       ORA_SYSLIB="`cat $ORACLEINST_TOP/lib/sysliblist`"
5857,5860c5857,5865
<       ORACLE_STLIBS="-lclient -lsqlnet -lncr -lsqlnet -lclient -lcommon \
<           -lgeneric -lsqlnet -lncr -lsqlnet -lclient -lcommon -lgeneric \
<             -lepc -lnlsrtl3 -lc3v6 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 \
<             $ORA_SYSLIB -lcore3 $ORA_SYSLIB"
---
>               ORACLE_STLIBS="-L$ORACLEINST_TOP/lib/  \
>       -L$ORACLEINST_TOP/rdbms/lib  \
>       $ORACLEINST_TOP/lib/scorept.o \
>       -I$ORACLEINST_TOP/rdbms/public \
>       -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lncr \
>       -lvsn -lcommon -lgeneric        \
>       -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lepc -lsql   \
>       -lclient -lclntsh \
>       $ORA_SYSLIB -lcore3 $ORA_SYSLIB"

Admittedly, I'm insane for even trying this, but it is kind of fun :)

Patches

Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request

History

AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [1999-05-29 11:50 UTC] thies at cvs dot php dot net
if you get it to work, you're lucky, i cannot think of anything less supported (oracle-wise) than this.

if you do a normal "linux-oracle" install on you *bsd everything *should* be in the right place!

i will look at the configure stuff, and that might "pop-up" soon in the official php3


 
PHP Copyright © 2001-2021 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Mon Jan 18 05:01:23 2021 UTC