php.net |  support |  documentation |  report a bug |  advanced search |  search howto |  statistics |  random bug |  login
Bug #124 Displaying .php3 files instead of parsing them
Submitted: 1998-03-01 10:42 UTC Modified: 1998-03-01 11:32 UTC
From: webmaster at net-virtual dot com Assigned:
Status: Closed Package: Installation problem
PHP Version: 3.0b5 OS: Solaris 2.6
Private report: No CVE-ID: None
View Add Comment Developer Edit
Welcome! If you don't have a Git account, you can't do anything here.
You can add a comment by following this link or if you reported this bug, you can edit this bug over here.
(description)
Block user comment
Status: Assign to:
Package:
Bug Type:
Summary:
From: webmaster at net-virtual dot com
New email:
PHP Version: OS:

 

 [1998-03-01 10:42 UTC] webmaster at net-virtual dot com
Okay, last darn time... I promise... I guess I've been looking at this too long because I can't even seem to send something properly formatted....

Geez, I just realized I forgot to tell you what the problem was that I am having... :)   Essentially, I am prompted to save the file everytime I pull it up...  The server does not parse any of it....   It just isn't making any sense to me at all.... :<   Thanks again.....

I am at the end of my ropes with this...   I apologize for having to post it here.....   Basically I have been trying (in vain) to get php working as an apache module....  I have compiled PHP using the apache web server (version 1.3b5), PHP (3.0b5), and MySQL (3.20.32a)...   Everythign compiles fine, I have added the following to srm.conf (as instructed):

AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3

Also I have add the following to the end of the Configuration file for Apache:

AddModule modules/extra/mod_php3.o

The httpd binary I ended up with is substantially larger then it was before so I have the feeling it must be doing something......  I get the following output from "httpd -l"

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_php3.c

I have had no problems with this exact configuration on my FreeBSD box here at home, unfortunately my ISP has Solaris and I just cannot figure out what the problem might possible be.... Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated... I have truly looked at all the resources that are available and I have found someone who was having a similar problem on the mailing list (and sent him a note seeing if he's found a solution to it), but nobody had an answer for him there...

- Greg

Thanks for your help... PHP is a wonderful product.....  Please keep up the good work.. :-)




Patches

Add a Patch

Pull Requests

Add a Pull Request

History

AllCommentsChangesGit/SVN commitsRelated reports
 [1998-03-01 11:32 UTC] rasmus
You probably have your AddType in the wrong place in your .conf files.  This is not a bug, just user error.

 
PHP Copyright © 2001-2021 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.
Last updated: Tue Dec 07 21:03:33 2021 UTC